Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Larry the Cable Guy
















Larry the Cable guy hales from others parts, y’all. We are in the north, but more accurately in the south of the north. If you search Google Earth, and see where Rankin Inlet is located. Then checkout Iqaluit in Nunavut and Yellowknife in the Northwest Territories and you see where you see where we sit. We sit here without our full cable service.

The Health Centre serves the communities of Rankin Inlet, Repulse Bay, Whale Cove, Arviat, Chesterfield Inlet, Coral Harbour, Baker Lake, and Sanikiluaq a slight bit across the bay. The local Cable service runs out of the Co-Op and with the cold weather of last week, well, water and cold weather turn icy and the results were last Monday night we had no football on TV nor cable service of any kind.

During the week this changed as we started to see more and more channels restored. My roommate saw someone on Friday at the top of a pole. I asked if he was Larry’s cousin or brother or if he was there looking good to everyone who went by thinking that he actually was working on the problem. He might have been thinking about the telephone guy and the polar bear story, not doing anything but simply enjoying the milder weather.

Weekend NFL playoff football…it might be available. Saturday I couldn’t find it on the tube. I normally watch the US networks. I have a TV tower, rotor and 18 year old antenna at home. I’m not used to cable. I get the HD signals OTA (over the air) as they say.

Sunday afternoon my brother called and during conversation he told me TSN would be showing the Giants Cowboys game…and they did. CTV had broadcast the earlier game but that channel hadn’t been restored either. Well scouting around town yesterday, I saw why Larry’s cousin, brother, uncle or whoever was not in that much of a hurry to fix the problem. I wish I had called their service number but it would have rang and rang and rang. They were all home watching the games.

No comments: