Sunday, December 30, 2007

Final Preps

What have I forgot? What is the first thing I'll have to buy since I left it:
a. on the counter.
b. in the fridge.
c. at the store.
d. forgetting that I might need it.

I don't know but today was a swirl...The two tins of tim hortins decaf (I may need it for trade) was purchased minutes before they closed for the next 24 hours. Everything that's semi fluid is packed in baggies should they freeze (yeah right as though that might happen!) and split. Thank goodness for Rubbermade Rough Necks..the north apparently lives on them! Mine needs to be repacked in the a.m. adding the final touches and the rest goes in my suitcase.

This will be interesting...the 4 a.m. niagara airbus pickup wed morning...Can I lift it? Will the airlines accept it? What happens if they don't? I've thought of everything...And anything I can't take I can always purchase at the local Hudson's Bay Trading Post..if they have one...I don't know if they still take pelts...and the are no beavers in the far north...so trapping is out...I have been told that the grocery store takes Visa, though. It's the only place you can buy fresh meat, walk home and defrost it for three days. Today was to be sunny...so it may not have happened.

A few last minute things to add to the collection. The lists are getting worn out and the mind is starting to blurr a little...in the meantime enjoy the new years celebrations....2008 is just around the corner. Talk to you tomorrow.

No comments: