Sunday, December 30, 2007

Getting Psyched


Getting ready for this adventure has been one of balancing the holiday season, work obligations and family time. The good news is that its almost here and the anticipation is something I can't explain. It's long been a hope to see the arctic and get north to the arctic circle. I'll be slightly south of the circle but in the arctic under arctic conditions. They should promote that in those travel ads.




Looking over lists and making sure everything is located, purchased and prepped to go has kept me (and my wife.. thank you) quite busy. There are only a couple of other things to get and then the packing can begin.


Are there enough clothes? Any time we travel, we usually travel heavy. This time it's heavy duty. The boots, the gloves, and the facemask make up only the shell of what's needed. There's almost three weeks to consider. I know what the accomodations consist of but what food to bring (I'll get to that at a later date)?


The good news is that I will speak (at least part) of the language of the area. The currency is familiar and they accept Canadian "AT PAR" which is very important when you live in a border town. They count and measure in metric and the weather reports sound quite familiar except for the proliferation of minuses on each report.


In less than 72 hours I'll be travelling. It will be a new year and new experience for sure. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Donna470 said...

Wow, really excited for you. If you happen to see a "Someone I know went to the Arctic Circle and all they brought me was this lousy t-shirt" T-shirt, I'm an adult medium. HaHa! Hope you have a safe and exciting adventure!